Technology & Operations(T&O) is responsible for the firm’s worldwide operations across all asset classes and geographies. The operational functions are aligned with clients, products, fund structures and our third-party provider networks. Global Investment Operations (GIO), function within T&O, is responsible for the development of the firm’s operating infrastructure to support BlackRock’s investment businesses worldwide.
- Develop expertise in local market practices through experience, training, classes and outside research, to ensure best of class service.
- Ensure appropriate collateral is agreed and transacted with counterparties daily. Calculate margin requirements to ensure compliance with internal and client guidelines, and provide reporting to auditors, management and clients.
- Manage and ensure timely loan and return settlement in all markets and resolve related issues daily.
- Ensure sufficiency management is reviewed with appropriate actions taken to mitigate securities lending risks to client investment portfolios.
- Build and maintain close relationships and partnerships with Securities Lending and other BlackRock colleagues, as well as with external service providers, custodians and counterparties.
- Coordinate and manage service provider relationships – ensure successful delivery of contracted services, proactively address and problem solve, build and adapt service level standards and agreements to meet the evolving needs of the business.
- Follow established procedures and perform appropriate controls (including cash, security and collateral reconciliations), while exercising good judgment in managing risk and following escalation procedures.
- Creative individual, who possess a passion for problem solving, has superior analytical skills and can think creatively
- Proven track record of owning an operational process, and through optimization, can demonstrate the creation of scalability, capacity creation, risk reduction and benefit to the end client
- Comfortable collecting and distilling operational improvement requirements from users to provide technology partners with a clear understanding of enhancement opportunities
- Self-starter who enjoys operating in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment, who can lead a team, set, and drive agendas by working as part of a distributed team.
- Deep interest in data, metrics, analysis, and trends but also an ability to think strategically and keep sight of the bigger picture.
- Identify, manage, and remediate all aspects of daily Operational risk embedded within workflow. Regulatory background with strong risk awareness
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and able to convey sophisticated concepts simply and clearly
- Has the ability to influence and collaborate with internal partners to push through agendas.
- Possess an entrepreneurial drive and technical insight to identify control gaps and drive operational improvement initiatives.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wilmington, DE, US
Application Deadline: N/A