This role will be an individual contributor within a wider team of 7 lawyers supporting the entire spectrum of the team’s diverse breadth of coverage. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with multiple client channels across BlackRock, including the ETF and Index Investing Business, Retail Business and ICB, which collaborate with the MASS Business to deliver solutions to clients as well as working closely with colleagues in the Funds Legal team.
- Commission external legal advice where appropriate (e.g. specialist or overseas advice) on areas of law that impact client business and BLL driven work, ensuring quality advice is delivered.
- Provide legal support and advice on certain commercial legal and regulatory areas, including MiFID analysis, outsourcing arrangements and fund distribution.
- Liaise directly with members of Legal & Compliance across the globe and stakeholders within the firm, as well as external lawyers and consultants acting on behalf of clients.
- Advise on new law, regulation and policy changes and how BlackRock’s businesses, processes and documentation can best take account of this.
- Negotiate legally complex advisory (including model advisory), asset allocation services, investment management and transition management agreements as well as partnership agreements.
- Identify, address and manage legal and regulatory risk issues arising within the institutional client and MASS businesses across the EMEA region.
- Ability to identify and manage legal risk (even if little prior experience in the relevant area) and to develop a sound opinion on diverse legal and reputational matters.
- Technical expertise and/or familiarity with regulatory issues including MiFID investment advice and inducements and similar regulations across EMEA. Technical expertise and/or familiarity with UCITS and AIF distribution and/or retail and wealth intermediary platforms and/or institutional separate accounts, would be helpful, although candidates with other applicable expertise and experience will be considered.
- Demonstrates a commercial outlook, and is motivated and personable.
- Strong academic record.
- Solicitor / lawyer qualified in England and Wales or other relevant jurisdiction(s).
- Ability to persuade and influence internal client base in the provision of advice and manage internal client base’s expectations.
- Develops constructive professional relationships across the firm (particularly client businesses and other internal stakeholders) and builds relationships with external advisers.
- At least 6 years’ relevant investment management or other financial services experience (gained either in private practice or the in-house legal team of a financial services organisation).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A