BlackRock Index Services (BIS) is responsible for the design, development, and administration of Fixed Income, Multi-Asset, and Equity indices used by both internal and external clients. Our success hinges on producing and supporting highly accurate, best-of-breed indices.
- Ensure high quality data is delivered in a timely manner to our clients for use in investment management decisions.
- Investigate and resolve complex issues and perform ad-hoc analysis of large datasets, while meeting tight deadlines for client deliverables.
- Provide high-quality client service and address inquiries in a timely manner
- Remain current with BlackRock Aladdin tools and processes to ensure BIS’ business processes remain at the cutting edge
- Project management for new index projects with responsibility for execution of index deliverables and coordination with colleagues across engineering, business management, market data, research, and production teams
- Manage new index onboarding and integration into production environment
- Initiate and guide improvements to BIS’ internal index platform to support new business needs, minimize risk and enhance the quality and scale of the business
- Understand investment analytics across fixed-income, equity, and multi-asset indices to help clients understand and interpret index exposures, and sources of risk and returns. Ability to effectively explain and summarize index behavior and performance
- Quality-control and publish daily index returns and risk analytics through BlackRock’s proprietary Aladdin platform
- Familiarity to Aladdin infrastructure tools and process (Green Package, Alpha, BondCalc, PMS, Dashboard, Portfolio Construction, Explore, PRISM, CRA, PRADA, etc.).
- BS/BA (or equivalent) or higher
- 3-5 years of experience in asset management or financial services
- A reputation as a good communicator and the ability to distill sophisticated concepts and information
- Prior experience on large projects, with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience with financial market indices and concepts.
- Basic SQL and Python experience strongly preferred
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A