BlackRock is seeking a junior Investment Strategist, based in London. The strategist role is responsible for delivering superior client service and driving business growth for the team across EMEA, including business development, internal education and thought leadership.
- Work closely with Senior Investment Strategists as well as business partners across institutional, retail and iShares sales channels to deliver superior client service and drive net new business in factor-based and sustainable strategies.
- Assist in production of ad hoc analysis and requests for clients and prospects. Contribute to new business opportunities via timely response to requests for proposal (RFPs)
- Provide the highest level of client service to internal business partners and external clients, including timely and insightful responses to client queries and creative solutions for business opportunities.
- Develop awareness and understanding of competitive environment and contribute insights toward product positioning and business development strategy.
- Offer in-depth and up-to-date knowledge on the entirety of the factor-based investment platform and articulately represent factor and sustainable investing with internal partners as well as in client discussions.
- Develop reporting materials including market commentary, client review slides and strategy attribution for a variety of factor-based and sustainable strategies.
- Collaborate with other systematic investment teams to deliver whole portfolio solutions for clients
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics or similar field.
- Knowledge of sustainable investing and understanding of capital markets across a broad range of asset classes; understanding factor-based investing practices desirable but not essential
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) skills required. Familiarity with risk models, Aladdin, Matlab and Python are a plus
- Passionate about investing, fundamentally curious and self-motivated. Work independently and proactively in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced team environment
- 1-2 year’s industry experience, including strong investment management knowledge.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required; analytical mindset and problem-solving are a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills for effective and efficient communications across various internal and external channels are required; Proven client facing capability is a plus
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A