Data & Analytics Solutions (DAS) within the Data & AI pillar of Technology & Operations drives the continuous transformation of Aladdin’s enterprise data platform, manages Aladdin’s analytics data assets and their continuous improvement cycle, and leads ongoing data onboarding and solutions for BlackRock businesses and Aladdin clients.
- Contribute to client presentations and RFPs on analytics data management practices, in partnership with Aladdin Business and other DP&S partners
- Lead review of complex client problems and drive high-impact solutions, incl. leading multi-functional squads, influencing product definitions, and inspiring changes in models, platform, and operations
- Build relationship with analytics experts among BlackRock’s investment teams and Aladdin business. Gain in-depth understanding of the variety of existing and novel business applications of Aladdin investment and risk analytics
- Design how analytics data, its metadata, lineage, and orchestration of its processes can be expressed in modern cloud-enabled data management and analytics platforms
- Partner with operation to strategize innovative quality control, product delivery, and user support approach for supporting the latest data-as-service layers such as APIs, data warehouses, and data workshops
- Promote data-as-a-service for analytics. Define data definitions, metadata, and taxonomy. Ensure analytics are articulated through data catalog, and highly available through data cloud, API, and other modern client interfaces
- Work with client businesses to analyze client feedback. Create data health measurements that are reflective of the latest user perspectives and drive organization priority.
- Experience with asset management systems, preferably Aladdin, a plus
- Comfort with technical tools such as SQL, Python, Jupyter Notebook, Unix commands, Hadoop, Spark SQL, Tableau, and etc.
- Experience in leading multi-functional initiatives, including large-scale analytics deployment
- Exposure to agile methodology, data management, or service management, a plus
- Track-record of leading and inspiring high-performance teams
- Strong quantitative abilities and problem-solving skills with attention to detail. An ability to acquire knowledge about Aladdin’s proprietary models.
- 8+ years of experience in financial services with exposure to investment and risk analytics, including multi-asset investment analytics, value-at-risk (VaR), and performance attribution
- Solid understanding of asset and risk management across a reasonable subset of fixed income, equities, derivatives, and alternatives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with an ability to convey complex concepts simply and clearly to different audiences
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wilmington, DE, US
Application Deadline: N/A