An opportunity arises to join the Portfolio Financial Management team within BlackRock Infrastructure, which primarily provides financial, operational and investment support for the Global Infrastructure team. The role will report to the Director, Global Infrastructure team (“BGIF”) but will work independently to support the investment and operations teams as necessary. The role is Greenwich, CT based.
- Liquidity management, forecasting and managing Investor capital calls and finance drawdowns in such a manner as to maximize performance and ensure funding is available.
- Effective communication of asset performance to Senior Management, Investors and the broader business and firm.
- Manage valuation process for BGIF Assets with Valuation Advisors, Private Valuations team.
- Ensure full and timely compliance with regulatory, project and client reporting requirements.
- Investor reporting, suggest ways to enhance the investor experience, participate in fundraising diligence information requests (RFP’s).
- Review and provide guidance where required on contracts pertaining to underlying projects.
- Integration of newly acquired portfolio assets into BlackRock.
- Managing a team of 4.
- Liaise with fund accounting team and auditors on accounting, fund valuation and reporting.
- Global Portfolio and project cash management and distributions..
- Liaison with third party administration, operational and maintenance providers to ensure a proper balance between internal control and operational efficiency at operating project level and to ensure accurate, timely and comprehensive reporting of asset performance by each asset on a quarterly basis.
- Evaluating investment structures in conjunction with professional advisors, and subsequently executing on their implementation.
- Provision of advice to the transaction teams as appropriate, including the coordination of the operational elements of investment activities.
- Third level degree.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Qualified Accountant, CPA, ACA, ACCA or similar type qualification required, (ideally Big 4 background) with at least 10 years post qualification
- Experience in Energy & Power, particularly in monitoring and reporting on operational assets is desirable, but not requisite.
- Experience within a group finance or finance controller role.
- Experience in managing staff and external service providers.
- Ability to interpret financial models and large volumes of contractual data.
- Strong commercial awareness and the ability to apply commercial judgment.
- Strong technical accounting skills, including detailed knowledge and experience in IFRS and US GAAP.
- Global experience and knowledge of entity governance in foreign jurisdictions an advantage.
- Ability to manage workload autonomously and effectively.
- Presentation skills required, be able to present complex topics in digestible form.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Greenwich, CT, US
Application Deadline: N/A