The position is for a Quant Engineer within the Alpha Gen Technology group’s Model Servicing team. The Quant Engineer partner closely with Researchers and Portfolio Managers to implement industry leading signals and models to drive daily investment processes. We are involved in the full lifecycle of the Alpha Gen process including design, architecture, development, implementation, tuning, production support and maintenance.
- Identify and utilize new alpha-enabling technology in signal implementation
- Collaborate with platform team to develop new features for alpha gen platform
- Support and maintain Production processes and infrastructure
- Identify and implement ways to improve the efficiency of production processes and infrastructure
- Work closely with Researchers to implement trading signals and models used for making investment decisions
- BA/BS in Computer Science or Mathematics related field from an accredited university
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail and an inclination to validate everything
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, S3, Kubernetes is a plus
- A genuine interest in investment strategies, risk, equities, fixed income or financial derivatives;
- Knowledge and experience adhering to software development standard methodologies including test driven development (TDD), unit testing discipline, agile development and CI/CD strategies.
- Knowledge in SQL and experience working with relational databases (Sybase, SQL Server)
- 2+ years hands on developer experience of object-oriented design pattern knowledge and implementation experience using Python or Java.
- Knowledge of workflow management frameworks such as Dask/Airflow is a plus.
- The ability to apply mathematics, machine learning or quantitative analysis to tackle complex problems and deliver high quality solutions.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A