Our ability to provide substantive, reliable and balanced analysis on a broad range of issues has cemented our reputation as a trusted and constructive resource to policymakers around the world. We engage with policymakers via multiple channels, including through thought leadership papers, letters and consultations, bilateral meetings, conferences, political support, and advocacy through industry bodies.
- Review key legislative and regulatory proposals and provide technical recommendations and legal expertise.
- Author and review comment letters, consultation responses, white papers.
- Lead engagement with and presentations to policy makers, regulators, trade associations, and clients on key issues, representing BlackRock’s views.
- Define BlackRock’s position and engagement strategy on key issues impacting investors, collaborating closely with Legal & Compliance and other teams within BlackRock to ensure alignment of views.
- Build and maintain networks of contacts both within BlackRock and externally with relevant stakeholders.
- Research issues of critical importance to the industry and take initiative to identify/implement engagement and response strategies with legislators and regulators.
- Prepare presentation materials for engagement with policymakers, regulators, and clients.
- Expertise on the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, Investment Company Act of 1940, Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, Securities Act of 1933, Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010, and other major laws that govern the securities industry.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas to senior internal and external audiences, including leaders within the firm, outside counsel, clients, and third party organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree and J.D. from a nationally-recognized law school.
- Good judgment and impeccable ethics; desire to succeed in a demanding, innovative, entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Must be able to present complex concepts in a concise and understandable way.
- Strong content creation skills in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple ongoing deliverables and tight deadlines.
- Strong research and writing skills; strategic and creative thinking aptitude.
- 7-10+ years of work experience in financial services or at a law firm with a focus on financial regulation.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A