The Paediatric Nurse Mentor will work with PHCAMs, CTLs, Professional Nurses, testers and data capturers in all facilities providing Paediatrics/Adolescent HIV and PMTCT services and reporting, with oversight guidance from the Paediatric Clinical Specialist.
- Work across all district teams to ensure that Paediatrics/Adolescent HIV and PMTCT activities are implemented as per the workplan.
- Train and mentor clinicians on key Paediatrics/Adolescent HIV and PMTCT Program areas.
- Establish, implement and monitor Paediatric/Adolescent Care Days in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams in selected high-volume facilities.
- Monitor district Paediatrics/Adolescent performance indicators against targets across all supported facilities with a focus on facilities with largest gap in performance.
- Liaise with the CTLs and PHCAMs to provide targeted interventions to underperforming facilities.
- Conduct file audits for Paediatrics/ Adolescent HIV and PMTCT.
- Support the implementation of all key Paediatrics/Adolescent HIV and PMTCT program areas including case finding, linkage to care, KidzAlive/Disclosure services, ARV optimisation, MMSD, Decanting, viral load completion and suppression.
- Monitor PMTCT performance against target with a focus on facilities with outlier performance and provide support directed by gaps identified.
- Conduct site support visits to underperforming facilities and provide TA support.
- Identify key program gaps and develop improvement plans to address gaps identified.
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in PHC setting in Paediatric HIV care and treatment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working on USAID/PEPFAR funded programmes
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience and knowledge of public health facilities
- Attention to detail
- Teaching, training or mentoring experience is a must
- Ability to connect the dots, make linkages and collaboratively work across the organization to optimize the client experience
- Problem solving
- Knowledge of computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ugu, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A