Website California Water Service Company
The Engineering Intern is responsible for assisting with projects and tasks across the State of California, within the assigned Engineering department. The position will provide support of projects, regulatory requirements, and Company goals, and may work on small projects, as well as large projects under the guidance of a project manager within the Engineering Department.
- Performs water meter service sizing calculations and in accordance with design standards
- Reviews district operations water facility design drawings
- Provides support including budgeting, planning, designing, permitting, bidding, and managing construction of capital projects.
- These projects include wells, tanks, pump stations, pipelines, treatment plants, power distribution, motor control, instrumentation, communications motor controls, emergency standby generators, SCADA and PLC control systems, and radio communications.
- Projects may be new installations or modifications to existing facilities.
- General tasks including administrative tasks, status reporting, attending group meetings, and data gathering and processing
- Related field work travels, vendor presentations, and assigned classes
- Provides support including budgeting, planning, designing, permitting, bidding, and managing construction of pipeline based capital projects.
- Projects may be new installations or modifications to existing facilities
- Comfortability with technology and ability to learn new programs and obtain accurate results
- Junior, Senior or Master’s Degree level student studying Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a similar discipline.
- Project management skills
- Experience in water and wastewater desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver license
- Upon hire, must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination status
- Must be a student for at least six months of the entire duration of the internship (approximately one year)
- Experience with Excel, Word and other Microsoft programs
- Experience working in an engineering capacity desirable
- Understanding of fluid dynamics and groundwater resources desirable
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills
- Experience working with consultants desirable
- Engineer in Training certification desirable
- Experience with construction and contractors desirable
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or Civil 3D desirable
Company: California Water Service Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Torrance, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A