Website Capital One
We are looking for Network Security Engineers that have the expertise to work with Open Source Software (OSS) to secure the network perimeter. Our engineers are used to providing best-in-class security support and this role will see you working across several technologies with the possibility of starting a cloud architecture for elasticsearch for a packet capture platform.
- It is a great team to belong to; adopting a culture of openness and idea sharing.
- The team offers opportunities to learn while on the job and offers the ability to improve upon existing technologies.
- Ideally, the candidate will want to share knowledge via different methods such as content training within the team, contributing to OSS projects, and platform overviews and training with the larger community in Cyber.
- Our engineers want to continuously learn through building and enhancements of our platforms while focusing on the security of our network and data and you will be expected to work on continuous improvement and expanding of automation capabilities across all platforms.
- Capital One Cyber uses a You-Build-It-You-Own-IT (YBYO) standard where the team is responsible for the platform/service from start to finish.
- All platforms are currently located within Co-located datacenters and management of OS, Application, and Firmware updates required. Audit and compliance duties required as needed.
- Intermediate experience with containers runtimes (Docker, Kubernetes, Fargate)
- Solid knowledge of AWS platform
- Strong experience with IDS platforms
- Working knowledge of packet capture platforms
- Strong experience in networking and/or security related operations or engineering
- Strong knowledge of hardware
- Solid knowledge of hardware experience
- Experience with Zeek and/or Suricata
- Working knowledge of containers and images security management
- Strong knowledge of Moloch/Arkime
Company: Capital One
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A