Website Capital One
As a Data Scientist at Capital One, you’ll be part of a team that’s leading the next wave of disruption at a whole new scale, using the latest in computing and machine learning technologies and operating across billions of customer records to unlock the big opportunities that help everyday people save money, time and agony in their financial lives.
- Build machine learning models through all phases of development, from design through training, evaluation and validation, and partner with engineering teams to operationalize them in scalable and resilient production systems that serve 50+ million customers.
- Partner closely with a variety of business and product teams across Capital One to conduct the experiments that guide improvements to customer experiences and business outcomes in domains like marketing, servicing and fraud prevention.
- The experimentation engine that enables us to rigorously test new features, messaging and offers for our customers
- The marketing optimization engine that selects the right offer for the right customer
- In Digital ML, you will work at all phases of the data science lifecycle, including:
- Write software (Python, Scala, e.g.) to collect, explore, visualize and analyze numerical and textual data (billions of customer transactions, clicks, payments, etc.) using tools like Spark and AWS.
- Customer behavioral analyses (using transaction, clickstream and other data) that identify trends, patterns and relationships related to product usage
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 5 years of experience in data analytics, or Master’s Degree plus 3 years in data analytics, or PhD
- At least 1 year of experience with machine learning
- At least 3 years’ experience in Python, Scala, or R
- At least 3 years’ experience with machine learning
- Master’s Degree in “STEM” field (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) plus 3 years of experience in data analytics, or PhD in
- “STEM” field (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics)
- At least 1 year of experience with relational databases
- At least 1 year of experience working with AWS
- At least 1 year of experience in open source programming languages for large scale data analysis
- At least 3 years’ experience with SQL
Company: Capital One
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vienna, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A