Website Capital One
Capital One is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Audit Director interested in becoming part of our Audit team. As a member of the Finance Audit team, the candidate will lead and execute complex audits of operations and risk management activities across the Finance organization.
- Proactively monitor the assigned audit universe for emerging risks and needed updates. Lead continuous monitoring activities and updates to risk assessments, audit universe, and audit plan.
- Review engagement planning documentation and audit programs to ensure adequate coverage of risk and sufficient rationale for audit scope.
- Maintain close control over budget, schedule, and quality.
- Effectively review and compile relevant, material findings and recommendations into readable and concise audit reports. Communicate complex results and implications, incorporating different perspectives into deliverables.
- Lead audits within Capital One, including the supervision of audit teams and engagement managers as well as coordination with support Audit specialist teams.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with key business leaders and audit partners. Leverage specialized knowledge and skills, providing management with insight into their area of subject-matter focus, building trust and mutual respect. Effectively represent internal audit at management meetings, internal forums, regulatory update meetings as well as to external organizations.
- Provide timely feedback, on-the-job training, and coaching to audit staff and direct reports. Help team members grow their careers. Maintain an open, inclusive and trusting team environment.
- Deliver appropriate, succinct and organized information, tailoring communication style to audience.
- Participate in due diligence projects related to expansion of the Finance business on behalf of Audit as well as lead Initial Control Reviews resulting from signed due diligence deals for Finance.
- 7+ years of experience in leadership or supervisory roles
- At least 3 years of experience in people management
- 12+ years of experience in internal auditing, first or second line risk management, or a combination
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration
- 7+ years of experience in banking or financial services
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- Experience in Financial Accounting and Reporting, Controller’s organization, or Corporate Treasury
- At least 3 years of project management experience or at least 3 years of experience managing audit engagements
- Professional certification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA),
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM), or Certified Risk Manager (CRM)
- At least 8 years of experience in auditing, at least 8 years of experience in risk management, at least 8 years of experience in Accounting or Finance, or a combination
Company: Capital One
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: McLean, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A