Website Capital One
As part of the COV team, you will work to identify new technologies, startups, partners, use cases and technology gaps. You will evaluate the market, perform due diligence on startup solutions, and recommend the right partners to relevant internal stakeholders. The role is a multi-faceted one and requires well-developed financial, technology, strategic, and interpersonal skill sets.
- Investing: Participate in investment sourcing, diligence, evaluation, and execution.
- Collaborate with a broader investment team to deliver on the core venture investment focus of Capital One Ventures.
- Technical Leadership, Communication & Coordination: Develop strong relationships with Capital One business and technology leaders.
- Help disseminate strategic intelligence and learnings from our venture investing activities throughout Capital One.
- COV Community Building: Engage with the startup and tech ecosystem to help build relationships with promising CEOs, investors and portfolio companies’ target customers.
- Help build awareness of Capital One and evangelize the COV brand in order to increase our network of relationships, reputation and deal flow.
- Technology Consulting & Business Development: Work with COV’s portfolio companies to develop a deep understanding of their business, technology and product roadmaps.
- With this understanding, engage Capital One teams across business and technology functions to develop new use cases and partnership opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience required
- 5+ years of experience in either technology, finance (investment banking, investing) or strategy (consulting, business strategy)
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Operations)
- At least 3 years of experience in technology, finance or strategy
Company: Capital One
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A