Website Capital One
You’ll work with tools like SQL to query data, use spreadsheets and python-based notebooks to organize it, and slides to present it, along with a number of other modern analytics tools. Working in an agile, cross-functional team you’ll also have the opportunity to learn from other job families like data scientists, process managers, and product owners.
- Product Development: Business Analysts are responsible for developing the strategies to test and scale new financial product offerings. Analysts conduct market & customer research, and couple these insights with internal data modelling to propose new solutions for our customers.
- Analysts in this space work with process and technology experts to get new products in the hands of our customers, and iterate upon our offerings based on consumer reception.
- Underwriting (Credit Policy & Valuations): Business Analysts are responsible for assisting in developing & maintaining statistical models and the associated credit policies that help us determine who we extended credit to. Analysts in the space perform analysis on credit performance to help influence how we update and optimize our models & policies.
- Develop direct-to-consumer marketing strategy and initiatives to support business growth objectives.
- Support step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behaviour, creating risk models, and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis.
- Perform modeling/analytics to assist new product and pricing strategies for various lending products.
- Help build targeted insights to inform the design and development of new customer experiences, as well as breakthrough technology and concepts designed to deliver on new go to market strategies.
- Obtained or working towards a Bachelor’s or higher degree this year
- Experience in basic coding and/or data visualization (e.g. SQL, Python, Tableau, QuickSight). If you know how to build models or write code, that’s awesome. If not, don’t worry as long as you have an interest in and aptitude for learning it.
- Experience in analytical problem-solving
- A degree in Commerce, Finance, Marketing, Economics, Business Administration, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics or a related field
Company: Capital One
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A