The Financial Systems Accounts Payable Governance Lead is a central role that partners with stakeholders across Caterpillar to optimize global accounts and freight payable processes, develop and maintain best in class systems and tools, and enhance governance and controls to support the Invoice-to-Pay cycle, managing risk and exposure across reporting and compliance.
- Subject matter expert for the Invoice-to-Pay area that will provide direction during process and system design activities and assist in resolving business process issues arising from financial systems implementations.
- Trusted Advisor with ERP Invoice-to-Pay Implementations/Functions, including support to ensure financial reporting integrity on system’s cutover
- Liaison between technology and process teams and the Invoice-to-Pay Enterprise and Proxy Process Owners, representing the Accounts and Freight Payable Process Owners during financial systems design/re-design activities.
- Support Enterprise Invoice-to-Pay Process Owners in driving the future strategy for the global accounts and freight payable function
- Governs new requirements for changes in processes and technology.
- Design, architect, and validate testing of system and process solutions related to Accounts and Freight Payable functions
- Support, review, and approve all design elements for existing and future Accounts and Freight Payable compliance/strategic initiative projects
- Ownership of Global Accounts and Freight Payable Applications, and overall health of the application portfolio
- Knowledge of SAP FI/CO, QAD EE, and/or Mainframe Based Accounts Payable and Freight Applications
- 4-year degree in Accounting, Business, or Information Systems/Technology
- Knowledge of local statutory accounting, indirect tax and trade controls
- Invoice-to-Pay Cycle experience
- Experience with Direct and Indirect Procurement Technologies and its integration with Accounts & Freight Payable ERP Solutions
- Knowledge of the Caterpillar organization, its products, policies and procedures
- 6-8 years of accounting, tax, and/or information systems/technology experience
- Leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside and outside the department to take specific action
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Deerfield, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A