We have an exciting opportunity for a CFD Simulation Engineer to join a multi-disciplinary Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) team at Caterpillar. The team is responsible for all fluids-based simulation required to support and influence the design, performance and mechanical development of upcoming Caterpillar powertrains.
- Development and evolution of simulation processes to support future needs and to improve the effectiveness of the team
- Collaboration with the team to share, learn and develop yours and the team’s knowledge
- Clear verbal and written communication of results to internal and external customers.
- Typical day-to-day activities would involve solving a wide range of fluids-based engineering problems using simulation tools and collaborating with engineers and managers to feedback solutions and recommendations.
- Identification, investigation, and resolution of engineering problems using engineering knowledge and simulation tools
- Develop an understanding of internal and external customer needs
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members, internal customers, project managers & process partners
- A passion to grow their simulation skills within a friendly, supportive, and flexible engineering team
- Accredited Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering subject and/or relevant industrial experience in Fluid’s systems simulation.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of the methods and application of CFD
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Peterborough, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A