The Commercial Consultant II provides revenue support work for Caterpillar machines in the Resource Industries segment. This work includes performing product price reviews, analysis of product profitability, maintenance of price lists, analysis of competitive environment (transaction price level for both Caterpillar and competitive machines, NPI); analyzing revenue contribution from volume, PINS and price.
- Pricing tasks are high in complexity. Decisions are unique and require creativity to reach a solution outside an established work routine and has high risk impact to the enterprise. The incumbent works with little supervision and instructions.
- External contacts include suppliers, dealers and customers. The incumbent sets priorities and establishes a work plan in order to complete broadly defined assignments and achieve desired results. Impacts key quality goals including Customer Satisfaction, Continuous Improvement,
- Timeliness, Accuracy, Efficiency, Cost Savings, Process Quality, etc.
- Develops and maintains internal controls including Sarbanes-Oxley control documentation and is responsible for the testing and validating of these controls.
- Develop advanced strategic recommendations incorporating entire value chain and external forces used in the tactical analysis and additional areas such as: forecasted economic activity, dealer costs and margins, product configurations, exchange rate changes, market/industry changes and other factors influencing sales and profit goals.
- The incumbent is responsible for regularly and accurately maintaining and updating revenue systems (pricing, invoicing and merchandizing) and answering all revenue/pricing related queries for their assigned products.
- Must have strong analytical ability and initiative, be results oriented, have a high level of interpersonal skills and be an effective writer and oral communicator.
- This position is for experienced lead analysts able to direct their own workload and resulting priorities while assisting other lower level analysts in developing their skills and completing their workload.
- Previous experience working across the enterprise
- The position often confronts complex issues or problems, which require careful analysis and diagnosis.
- Knowledge of various Caterpillar products, product applications, merchandising programs and business systems
- 8+ years of job-related experience
- The incumbent sets priorities and establishes a work plan to complete broadly defined assignments and achieve desired results.
- 4-year college degree concentrated in business administration, finance, economics, statistics, accounting, or related fields.
- Prior experience as a Pricing Analyst or equivalent level job in a Caterpillar management role in 6 Sigma, Marketing, Accounting, Finance or related field.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tucson, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A