Provide supervision to the credit staff in the daily operations of Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation’s (CFSC) U.S. operations to maximize the productivity, profitability, and customer service of the department.
- Makes recommendations for approval to manager when transactions exceed credit authority and assists in recommending and obtaining approvals for overline submissions as needed.
- Reviews expenses to control the budget.
- Monitors KCP measurements to ensure customer service goals are achieved.
- Works with Sales Managers and Territory Managers to negotiate acceptable approval of credit submissions.
- Reviews transactions in excess of the Credit Analyst’s authority.
- Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department. Progress toward accomplishment of these is measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data.
- Works with management in Document Services and Sales Support to ensure quotes and documents accurately reflect credit decisions, which includes the negotiation of documents as needed.
- Manages the daily credit approval and credit investigation activities for the department and supervises and distributes work assignments to the staff who perform those functions.
- Acts as a primary contact for Caterpillar Dealers within assigned credit territory. Interacts with end-users, if necessary, to negotiate the terms and conditions of credit decisions.
- Develops and implements individual career development plans for employees. Coordinates training for all employees.
- Assists in the development and implementation of workflow processes for the department. Consults with manager regarding changes to credit policies.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain dealer and customer relations.
- Ability to develop and nurture positive relationships with external and internal customers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply advanced math computation skills, statistical analysis and other mathematical concepts, including those used in financial modeling and forecasting.
- Proven ability to read and analyze various financial and business reports.
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial laws and restrictions governing operations of CFSC, including laws and procedures governing liens against equipment.
- Working knowledge of finance/leasing products, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of CFSC credit and documentation processes, procedures and operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the CFSC billing and invoicing processes.
- Proven ability to analyze customers’ financial condition.
- Working knowledge of the Caterpillar dealer organization.
- Ability to provide leadership for the credit staff for new business and ensure their focus is on portfolio quality goals.
- Proven ability to perform financial statement analysis.
- Knowledge of the industries served by Caterpillar dealers.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nashville, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A