Lead project teams as an Electrical CPI Black Belt in the engine systems & software team. Scope of projects will cover all electrical components & software on Caterpillar engines spanning in size from 4.4 liters to our largest diesel & gas engines.
- Measure results. Manage the development and maintenance of methods and systems for measuring the degree to which the project goals, objectives and metrics are being met.
- Provide Project Sponsor with the results and take corrective project action as required to improve on results below target.
- Recruit and train team members. Identify potential Black Belts and recruit team members in the 6 Sigma infrastructure.
- Provide necessary training and coaching to team members to spread the base of 6 Sigma Problem solving tools.
- Integrate improvement projects. Ensure projects are integrated with other business activities, improvement projects, and business strategy.
- This position has significant impact on the success of 6 Sigma.
- The improvements will improve the company’s ability to meet customer expectations, improve quality, reduce cycle times, reduce cost and increase profits.
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering or Business or an equivalent level of work experience
- Knowledge of other functions that provide inputs regularly such as Product Development, Engineering, Quality, Purchasing, Manufacturing,
- Accounting, Human Resources, and Operations
- Ability to learn and do statistical analysis
- Prior supervisory experience is a plus
- Team leadership skills
- Excellent project management skills
- 11+ years of professional level experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chillicothe, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A