The Senior Design Engineer will lead a team of Caterpillar and Contract engineers to provide cabs for Motor Graders.
- Manageing trade-offs to meet overall system requirements
- Working with Industrial Design to manage Design Aesthetics
- Managing interface with the cab component groups as well as the Decatur machine groups
- Monitoring Quality using the APQP process for NPI projects.
- Developing project management plans
- Supporting Cab Architects on resource and budget management
- Directing UX Methodologies (Design Thinking, Empathic Design, Personas, Journey Maps)
- Managing product cost and research and development costs
- Directing User Requirements development, including tradeoff (e.g., HMI, Climate, Visibility, etc.)
- Managing NPI, CPI, and current production update projects
- Previous experience leading a team
- Technical and functional understanding of machine systems, cab systems, and/or components.
- 5+ years of equivalent work experience.
- A strong understanding of New Product Development (NPI), Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), proactive reliability, Collaborative
- Product and Process Development (CPPD), budgeting and FMEAs is required.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or MBA
- Applicant must have a Bachelor degree in an accredited Engineering curriculum
- Cab design experience, Black Belt experience and project management experience is desired.
- Technical and functional understanding of Operator application/needs/preferences
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Decatur, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A