The Business Support Manager position is responsible for the Resource Industries segment – regional (Americas) – sales and services financial accounting and reporting, business analysis and decision support functions within Resource Industries Sales, Services, and Technology (RISST).
- Support of quarterly release materials
- Responsible for incurred expenses management including marketing spend, SG&A, T&E and etc.
- Analysis to drive business insights, presentation of management results to leadership
- Lead, influence and interact with a global and diverse team. Responsible for talent development, succession planning, performance management and target setting
- Guide the Resource Industries annual business plan, quarterly forecasts and early warnings, long term forecast, and volume flexibility planning
- Regional financial results & forecast.
- Analyze and critique information for conformance with US and local GAAP, corporate guidelines and reasonability levels
- Commercial support, including pricing and sales variance strategy, deal support and recommendation.
- Ensure proper trade-offs and focus on Return on Investments are driven in accordance with maximum total outcome for the enterprise.
- Full understanding and ownership of regional results, and impact to P&L, Cash flow and Balance sheet.
- Responsible for investment analysis.
- Business Risk Management governance process
- Rigorous attention to details and excellent communication skills
- Strong ability to collaborate and partner across peers and leadership
- Credentialed expertise (CPA or CMA) and solid practical experience involving technical accounting and reporting issues
- Knowledge of how a corporate environment operates, including products, services, policies and procedures.
- A bachelor’s degree preferably in Accounting/Business
- Knowledge of the Caterpillar organization, its products, policies and procedures is also desired.
- Ability to take an Enterprise point of view and lead with our Values in Action
- A strong background in Accounting or Finance; including financial accounting, reporting and analysis, commercial support, and budget development.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible job-related experience
- Demonstrates the following leadership attributes: Good business skills and judgement; Courage and emotional intelligence; Intellectual curiosity; The ability to create the vision and lead change; Set challenging targets and prioritize to achieve results; Development of the best talent.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tucson, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A