The Product Support and Logistics Division (PSLD) is one of the most innovative divisions within Caterpillar. In PSLD, as within all of Caterpillar, our priority is our customers and helping them build a better world. We touch nearly every element of the services value stream from procurement to design and manufacturing to distribution.
- Act as commercial escalation for unresolved supplier issues.
- Procure material handling equipment that meet Cat’s complex global operational and procurement standard requirements. Key focus around strategic sourcing to ensure capacity, service and market price objectives are met.
- Work with Caterpillar’s legal services to ensure that all carrier contracts provide the Caterpillar Enterprise with appropriate legal protections.
- Lead contract negotiations with material handling equipment providers to achieve service and price that meet operational objectives and in accordance with Cat’s long-term logistics strategy.
- Ensure supplier cost drivers are understood and communicated as needed.
- Work with operations to define business requirements (statements of work), incorporate requirements into sourcing tools and executes competitive bid/RFP.
- Establish service provider selection criteria and evaluate those service provider’s capabilities against these criteria.
- Track market costing utilizing analytical tools and communicate those trends through summary reports to appropriate management and key business units on a regular basis.
- Drives performance, as defined by operations, to ensure carriers are accountable for meeting service commitments.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Logistics, Supply Chain, or Business Administration.
- Procurement Bid Process Knowledge (Online, traditional RFP)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in procurement and/or logis to include the development and execution of complex sourcing and associated tools and technology platforms development and execution of contracts as shipper or service provider
- Contract negotiation skills
- Pricing- Proficient with transportation pricing and standards.
- Proficient in MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Salesforce.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strategic Relationship Management (Senior level relationship responsibility)
- Material handling experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A