The Product Performance Engineer enhances the acceptability/salability of Caterpillar prime product and reduces warranty costs and customer impact on product problems.
- Reduces the warranty cost and customer impact of field product problems by initiating, developing and cost justifying field rework programs and product support programs.
- Initiates service publications to announce significant product improvements (via Service Magazine) and temporary field fix information (via Tech Info Bulletin).
- Parts Stock Authorization letters are issued to meet abnormal demands due to new field problems.
- Conduct Field follow Programs to evaluate overall customer acceptance of new product.
- Conduct Serviceability Audits on NPI machines and provide input for the setting of product reliability, durability and serviceability goals stated in the functional specifications.
- Identify, investigate and obtain resolution commitments for all significant field problems to maintain/improve assigned product performance.
- Problem identification involves reports in all forms from dealers, reps and subsidiaries and from field trips (approx. 20% of the time).
- Problem investigation involves statistical analyses, analysis of returned parts, development of quick field fixes, suggested design or manufacturing improvements, etc.
- Resolution commitments involve issuance of a PIR (Product Improvement Request) which formally documents the problems and provides follow-up on the resolution process through the plant problem lists.
- High level of product knowledge
- Strong persuasive skills
- Strong ability to work in high stress situations
- Knowledge of competitive products, service tooling, repair practices, product user practices, dealer service capabilities, and parts merchandising practices
- Bachelor Degree or 3+ years job related experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- 2+ years field experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tucson, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A