The DevOps/Release Lead provides technical leadership in design, development and deployment of Caterpillar’s state-of-the-art digital platform. This position will build a world class platform to host a wide range of digital applications.
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
- Identifies and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness.
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Drives application development focused around delivering business valuable features
- Competent to perform all programming and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Mentors junior developers.
- Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- Eight years or more of software development experience or at least five years of experience with master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Eight years or more of experience in designing and developing software applications in Java or at least five years of experience in Java with master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Deep domain knowledge in telematics
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A