We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
- Responsible for formulating and compounding of rubber compounds; work with the Materials Technology Lab to make lab batches and test out rubber recipes.
- Direct technicians in testing on new formulations of rubber or plastics materials to determine physical properties using all available resources, internally and externally.
- Write technical reports that detail methods and findings. Keep extremely accurate and detailed records of research activities and results.
- Lead product development efforts for rubber components and sealing products in the Materials Technology Group.
- Provide assistance to the production organization includes providing specifications, revisions, replacement materials, waste reduction, production efficiency measures and equipment modifications.
- Improve existing formulations by researching and implementing new processing methods or new chemicals.
- Interface with external suppliers to support production and acquire needed chemicals, or to discuss formulary ideas and questions.
- Maintain and/or further develop relationships with other relevant industry polymer, additive and/or equipment suppliers to further develop “win/win” situations.
- Working knowledge of molding and curing of rubber and sealing components
- College or university degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Materials Science, Engineering or Engineering Technology
- Expert knowledge of all chemicals related to rubber and rubber vulcanization
- Working knowledge of FEA (Finite Element Analysis) and mold flow analysis
- 5+ years of formulating, compounding, mixing, curing, and testing of rubber compounds; or 3+ years experience if candidate has a College degree in Plastics Engineering Technology or Rubber Engineering Technology
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chillicothe, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A