As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer (ME-3) for New Product Introduction (NPI), you will function as a specialist with respect to a specific technical phase of the planning function which generally falls within the major areas of planning, tooling, maintenance, plant engineering, releasing, machine shop, assembly, etc. wherever a specific technical assignment may be needed.
- Working with cross-functional departments to ensure production (E.g., validation/sequencing, ergonomics) and material (E.g., POU design, part orientation) flow, material availability, tooling and quality processes are implemented for successful NPI and engineering change management
- Engaging in creative problem solving to address operational issues including ergonomic/safety, process efficiency improvements utilizing methodologies (E.g., 6 Sigma Green Belt), process bottlenecks, and quality (E.g., Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA), PPAP).
- Developing training programs and process documentation for technicians (E.g., Operations)
- Developing and documenting Manufacturing Engineering processes for training and development of Manufacturing Engineers and Manufacturing Engineering Techs
- Identify, recommend, and monitor capital and expense budgets, including maintaining individual capital forecasts and execution
- Supporting the assembly process, including New Product Introduction (NPI), to ensure that processes/changes (E.g., drawings, standards, manufacturing BOM) are designed for manufacturability and released on time
- Designing, developing, and implementing assembly processes and manufacturing systems, including factory control software, scheduling techniques, simulation, equipment commissioning, and system application
- Developing, analyzing, managing, and monitoring progress of Manufacturing/Assembly Projects or process capability improvements applying DMIAC methodology
- Understanding and knowledge of critical assembly process requirements for engines.
- Background in Lean Principles.
- 4 yr. technical degree, preferably in mechanical engineering or a related discipline, and 3+ years of manufacturing related work experience in manufacturing/assembly processes
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with CAD Software (AutoCAD, PTC Creo, Solid works, etc.).
- Understanding of engineering prints and operational drawings.
- Bill Of Material (BOM) experience (E.g., Updates).
- Previous engine experience.
- Experience working with bills-of-material and writing work instructions/standard work.
- Experience with NPI (E.g., simulation), APQP processes (E.g., Control Plans, FMEA, Process Flow).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seguin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A