The Senior Data Scientist bears primary responsibility for solving the business problem presented through applied analytics and acting as the technical lead for analytics teams. He or she will participate on cross-functional project teams.
- Have a strong focus on continual learning in the Analytics field
- Demonstrate strong initiative to research and apply new methods to exceed customer expectations.
- Participate on 2-3 projects concurrently
- Demonstrate a breadth of knowledge in the application of statistical methods and/or digital methods to solve business problems
- Coach and mentor other Data Scientists in the creation, validation, and application of statistical models, machine learning models, as well as in implementing digital solutions
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering, computer science, statistics, mathematics, or a similar field with quantitative coursework
- Must demonstrate strong leadership, initiative, interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate effectively.
- 7-10 years of professional experience utilizing quantitative analysis is required, or a Master’s degree and 4-6 years of experience, or a PhD and 1-
- 3 years of experience in relevant experience.
- Must be comfortable working in industry standard statistics, analytics, and data visualization packages.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Champaign, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A