As Value Chain Designer at Caterpillar, you will ensure linkage between product value stream teams and end-to-end value chains, including process planning and execution to meet or exceed customer order to delivery market requirements while improving the business’ Operating Profit after Capital Charge (OPACC).
- Responsible for working to maintain and strengthen communications and alignment between logistics and manufacturing activities, as well as driving collaboration between all members of the enterprise value chain network.
- Responsible for posting, publishing and presenting, modeling results into relevant and insightful Business information, visuals, and business cases.
- Provides support to value chain teams responsible for the management of end-to-end value chain functions in alignment with customer Order-to-Delivery requirements.
- Accountable to maintain strong expertise in network modeling processes, platforms and techniques for the Enterprise.
- Supports other members of the value chain design team to help to identify OIA opportunities, solve problems and resolve model feasibility gaps.
- Support business and operational decisions of both internal and external value chain partners, by providing data-backed proposals to drive continuous improvements across the overall value stream.
- Perform detailed value stream network modeling / optimization, which will be used to support value chain performance project management.
- Demonstrates advanced skills and expertise on value stream modeling and design
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Network Modeling experience using in-house or commercial tools such as Supply Chain Guru
- MRP experience – Legacy and MRP
- Ability to ramp up quickly within a new environment
- Previous expert-level experience with BOMs, SC Guru or other modeling tools
- 3 years of Value Stream or Supply Chain or Distribution or Purchasing
- Knowledge of Caterpillar’s product structure and ability to visualize the network
- Knowledgeable of basic purchasing practices (site, category)
- APICS CSCP National Certification
- Advanced Degree in Operations Research, Engineering, Value Stream, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, management, or related quantitative field
- Knowledge of Caterpillar business language
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Research, Engineering, Value Stream, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, management, or related quantitative field
- Previous experience with data visualization software like Tableau
- NPI and value chain transformation experience
- Database management experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Decatur, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A