As Corporate Counsel you will provide legal counsel and advice to the enterprise and various business units on all issues related to legal matters, both domestic and international. Specifically, this role is in support of the Financial Products Division based in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Basic competency in GDPR and data privacy law generally.
- Participates in day-to day tactical legal practice, identifying and resolving issues in a focused practice area. Works with internal customers and keeps supervising attorney informed but is given moderate latitude in assigned areas as a staff level attorney.
- Liaison between the Legal Services Division and assigned areas of the business (Services and Marketing, privacy law and financial regulatory compliance) by providing daily counselling requiring accurate interpretation of the law as it applies to various situations and working with outside counsel to deliver timely and accurate advice in areas outside incumbent’s core legal areas of expertise.
- Incumbent will serve on numerous project teams (cross border; cross divisional; cross discipline) to aid in execution of key enterprise strategic objectives.
- Familiarity with new or changing laws and regulations in assigned areas and inform management of the effects of these laws on functions.
- Ideally incumbent would have basic knowledge of most areas of laws and regulations in play in the financial services industry, such that they can issue spot and source answers from research and/or outside counsel.
- Consult with management on matters involving more significant risk to the enterprise and requiring a high degree of confidentiality.
- Provide oral and written recommendations concerning legal issues applicable to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Effective performance of legal functions for the company and its subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Experience of legal or other relevant studies, clerking or practice after secondary school education
- Excellent communication both written and verbal in English
- Degree in law (bachelor or equivalent)
- Interpersonal skills and personal accountability.
- An active license or officially qualified or admitted to practice law as in-house counsel to the extent as required in the jurisdiction.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Solihull, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A