A successful candidate should be comfortable managing a large volume of commercial matters, be skilled at prioritization, and be able to adjust quickly to accommodate business needs. Responsiveness and efficiency are critical components of the position.
- Working with internal clients to ensure agreements accurately reflect business needs and protect Caterpillar.
- Drafting and negotiating a wide variety of IT-focused contracts, including technology agreements, software license agreements, cloud agreements, telecommunications agreements, and others.
- Counseling business clients on risks inherent in agreements.
- Working with Caterpillar’s regional and substantive lawyers to ensure agreements properly reflect Enterprise risk tolerances and are otherwise drafted and managed in accordance with Enterprise Board Resolutions, Policies and Procedures.
- Working with outside counsel on a limited, but as needed basis; and
- Maintaining excellent relationships with internal clients and colleagues to be a valued member of the Caterpillar Legal team.
- 6+ years of legal experience drafting IT-focused agreements.
- Solid work experience and a strong track record of success with mid to large clients.
- The ability to work collaboratively and efficiently with business clients and legal colleagues.
- A J.D. from an accredited United States law school and membership of the State Bar of any U.S. state.
- 6+ years of experience, who can manage complex IT-focused agreements efficiently and without a great deal of assistance.
- Familiarity with global data privacy concepts, including understanding contractual requirements for the cross-border transfer of personal information, including requirements under the GDPR and the CCPA.
- Superior drafting and communication skills; and
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Deerfield, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A