The purpose of this role is to perform Azure Virtual Desktop deployments, upgrades, and enhancements. This includes Windows 10 for Virtual Desktops image management, vulnerability remediation, and AVD support. Plus, migration of users and applications from Citrix to Azure.
- Writing, updating, executing PowerShell scripts for AVD deployment, management, and reporting
- Vulnerability remediation in Windows 10 for Virtual Desktops environment
- Create and maintain user facing knowledge articles.
- Managing and executing application migrations from Citrix to Azure
- Create and maintain VDI team standard work and IT control documentation.
- Providing support for Azure Virtual Desktops
- Use of DevOps, CICD Pipelines, Runbooks, and ARM templates in support of AVD service expansions, deployments, and lifecycle management.
- Engagement with application owners across the enterprise for applications upgrade planning and implementation in AVD
- Timely resolution of incidents, provide after-hours on-call support for escalated incidents.
- Design and implement processes, or process improvements, to aid in development and support
- Group Policy configuration and Windows Active Directory updates for Virtual Desktops
- Understands Virtual Desktop technologies
- Understands provisioning, patching, packaging, and deployment tools
- Experience with incident and change management processes
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience.
- Five to Seven years of progressively responsible IT job-related experiences
- Knowledge of IT software license compliance best practices and tools
- PowerShell Scripting experience
- Understands storage technologies such as NAS shares and disk imaging
- Ability to investigate, research, troubleshoot, and present technology findings
- Windows 10 management experience
- Understands basic network connectivity, DNS, DHCP
- Understanding of Windows Group Policies and Windows Active Directory
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: East Peoria, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A