Provide technical leadership and people management to deliver product development results for Hydraulics, Telematics, Remote Control and Autonomy development teams
- Standard work creation and maintenance.
- Lead collaboration within the workgroup and with cross functional groups and internal customers to ensure product development goals are achieved.
- Problem solving
- Set strategy at the section level to deliver product development results including:
- Work with the immediate workgroup and project team, product group/business unit, suppliers, and internal customers to make decisions that may impact product, process, warranty, sales, or customer perception of Caterpillar product.
- Manage challenges that include customer demands for higher velocity, improved quality, and lower cost; increasing project complexity; and development of new technologies.
- Budget and actuals
- Manage projects that can vary from large multi-year efforts to short term, urgent requests.
- Test planning, execution, and reporting
- Construction, mining or related equipment product development or design experience.
- Foundational product development skills such as data analysis and extraction, failure resolution and prevention, technical project management; and cost-value tradeoffs.
- A strong focus on safety and quality.
- Understanding of product and process technology aligned with the customers’ business and needs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an Engineering curriculum with at least 10 years’ relevant experience OR at least
- 15 years demonstrated progressively responsible and directly related work experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: East Peoria, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A