Provides expert technical/business process support, including problem identification and resolution, integration of technical solutions and demonstrated ability to communicate future direction with leadership.
- Establishes and applies an enterprise-wide view to solutions to support the adoption of standards and practices and promote reuse across all lines of business.
- Works with business partners to ensure global design is followed, ensure feasibility of proposed solution, ensure collaboration with other team members on impacted areas, validate completeness of documentation and ensure appropriate performance and quality testing is followed.
- Leads advanced architecture design of integrated systems (e.g. hardware investments, application selection, new software development, data model, metadata structures, vendor solution, or significant configuration), across site or regional projects and programs with high availability. Is fully accountable for outcomes meeting business and technical expectations.
- Assesses or develops architectural approaches and solutions, leads architectural reviews and recommends how to proceed with the applications and/or infrastructure (replace, retire, maintain, etc.).
- Develops and aligns the IS roadmaps (e.g. upgrades, retirement, new technology, security compliance, etc.), with the IS and Business strategy.
- Conducts analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the Enterprise Architecture and provides direction to the Business on how to leverage new technology, including influencing adoption.
- Leads and support to projects across multiple areas, including architecture planning, execution and delivery of commitments.
- Leads technology evaluation and make recommendations to IS and business partners.
- Develops and maintains current and planned state architecture blue prints and standards.
- Leads Enterprise Technology and Application Rationalization activities.
- Leads and mentors team members on established development and support processes, including but not limited to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) or related methodologies.
- Establishes system performance targets and ensures architecture meets objectives (e.g. system performance, recovery point objectives, recovery time objectives).
- Expert ability to lead troubleshooting and recommend process changes that improve the overall implementation, maintenance and support of applications and/or technical infrastructure.
- Expert knowledge of relevant business processes or applications and their relationship to systems.
- Proven ability to provide leadership, technical guidance, mentor team members and work independently or as part of a team.
- Expert ability and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Deep expertise in multiple areas including software engineering, security, data integration, data management, network, database, servers, storage, collaboration or other technical areas.
- Expert ability to lead development of technical systems strategy for core business procedures and operations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate internally with IS Team Leads, Senior IS Management, IS
- Architects and Senior Business Partners and externally with product vendors and suppliers.
- Expert knowledge and ability to independently apply ITSM, SDLC or related methodologies.
- Expert ability to understand the “big picture” and apply concepts to support strategic architecture and business needs.
- Strong knowledge of and ability to apply basic math and data analysis skills.
- Expert ability to influence and negotiate with technical and business leadership, especially through simplifying complex technical concepts and choices and making recommendations.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nashville, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A