As a Team Leader you will lead and co-ordinate a multi-disciplinary Logistics team. The Team Leader is the important link between the Section Manager and Team Members.
- Generate and work on Continuous Improvement ideas for your assigned area using the Continuous Improvement (CI) process
- Participate in Rapid Improvement Workshops (RIWs) for Safety, Quality, Velocity and Cost within your team operation.
- Lead the team to meet the daily demand of the job and root cause analyse events leading to process failure.
- Adhere to the Company’s Health and Safety policy and safe working practices and reporting appropriately.
- Standard Work / Training – Maintain the skills matrix for the team to 100% versatility, ensure standard work is updated.
- Reinforce Caterpillar’s Values in Action. communicate to appropriate departments/personnel and at daily start of shift meetings
- Maintain leadership development required learning.
- Continually monitor and audit Health and Safety, People, Quality, Velocity and Cost metrics within your span of control as per Caterpillar
- Production System (CPS) guidelines meeting targets
- Undertake training and further learning as required for the job and the BCP Safety Recipe.
- Experience of the BIQ process, reporting defects, root cause analysis.
- This role is a multi-shift position
- As a team member the ability to work closely with others is imperative, requiring team participation to achieve the agreed objectives
- Experience of CPS processes to reduce/eliminate cost.
- Leadership Training
- Previous Team Leader experience
- Experience of safety/quality auditing, HOPS, Standard work, Inventory, Risk Assessment and Packaging Standard
- Initiative and strong communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- A self motivated individual, with the flexibility to deal with individual and team behaviours, you should be able to motivate others with your advice, experience, putting into practice LD100 learning.
- Identify with Caterpillar’s belief in the value of continuous improvement and a team-based culture
- Possess a good understanding of Logistics practices and knowledge of material systems
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Desford, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A