Caterpillar has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Communications Consultant to join our Services, Distribution and Digital (SD&D) Division who will provide support for and analysis of marketing and promotions as well as act as a liaison for external creative suppliers and internal industry and regional marketing teams. Specifically, this position supports talent acquisition including early career, management and production.
- Administer and manage our Enterprise Brand Analysis and consult with brand and industry teams on the use of that data to guide marketing messaging.
- Challenges include influencing marketing efforts of various industry teams, and guiding execution of external creative suppliers. A more senior marketing professional & talent manager will typically help direct work as needed.
- Work with various Caterpillar teams on marketing and promotion projects.
- Maintain a solid understanding of Caterpillar and is familiar with the company’s processes, systems and methodologies.
- Manage the process of measuring impact of marketing campaigns and communicating those metrics.
- Support marketing and promotion efforts by coordinating logistics, providing creative input, and acting as a liaison for creative suppliers and internal industry teams.
- There will be potential travel to recruiting events when needed and safe to do so.
- Have a high-level understanding of end customer needs that enables the incumbent to guide marketing messaging. Decisions made by this position are variable.
- Have a strong understanding of brand standards and best practices for content.
- Update and develop relevant metrics dashboards for leadership and then use this knowledge to review and help guide media plans.
- Responsible for some content creation in addition to review for external facing mediums.
- College or university degree in marketing, communications, business or a related field
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Marketing experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Solid project management skills
- 1+ years of job-related experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A