The Product Service Engineer monitors overall performance of assigned products and to reduces warranty costs and customer impact of product problems.
- Provides input to NPI (New Product Introduction) team for the setting of serviceability, reliability and durability goals and pilot test program.
- Identifies number of pilot machines needed, dealer placement, rework needed at conclusion of pilot and assesses ready to ship.
- Initiates action for product improvement through PIP/PSP warranty program preparation to address commercial/business impact of field problems.
- Initiates preparation and distribution of technical publications to identify problems, communicate resolutions and announce product improvements.
- Provides technical product support to dealer personnel, subsidiary service groups, marketing units, design engineers, technical information division, test and evaluation, etc. Supports marketing units with technical guidance for managing customer problems with product deficiencies.
- Supports design engineer activity by identifying market needs to be considered in new/changes to product.
- Provides counsel to subsidiary plant service engineering/product quality on product problem maintenance.
- Responds to dealer/customer and other Caterpillar employee questions regarding product performance.
- Conducts dealer and customer visits to personally provide technical assistance on urgent field problems and for follow up purposes.
- Continuing challenge is maintaining communications on the level necessary for multi plant involvement on a worldwide basis.
- Strong ability to organize work
- Strong communication and persuasive skills
- 5+ years of product related and/or field experience
- Engineering background
- Strong mechanical aptitude and product knowledge
- Requires an Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience in service, service engineering and product support related positions.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Decatur, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A