The Corporate Counsel will provide legal support for a broad range of issues and business concerns, including commercial finance, secured transactions, equipment leasing, dispute resolution, regulatory compliance, and general business law matters. This role provides legal expertise on significant legal issues, conducts legal analysis, and provides counsel to business leaders responsible for CFSC’s mining and power finance units.
- Accountability to assess legal, regulatory, and compliance risk; identify and contribute to the resolution of technical legal issues within a broad band of risk exposure with guidance from CFSC’s Legal Department management.
- Advising on the development and implementation of new financing products and services.
- Engaging, managing, and coordinating as appropriate with outside legal counsel.
- Evaluation of unique legal problems and issues to develop recommendations for business leaders on acceptable courses of action on complex financing/leasing transactions, including cross-border transactions.
- Proactively identifying, evaluating, and escalating legal and regulatory risks relating to CFSC products and services.
- Drafting, maintaining, and enhancing template commercial financing/leasing agreements.
- Significant contract drafting, legal analysis, client counselling and training.
- Considered, thoughtful and effective verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrated success in roles with responsibility for counseling on commercial finance, secured transactions, and equipment leasing.
- Established capability to provide innovative legal solutions to the business.
- Proven customer relationship skills to serve the business by building productive and efficient collaborative partnerships.
- At least 3 years of position appropriate experience gained preferably in a law firm or in-house position.
- Influential communicator, proficiently able to convey legal risk rationally to business personnel.
- Seasoned in drafting and negotiating complex commercial finance/leasing agreements and NDA/confidentiality agreements.
- A law degree and license to practice law in a U.S. jurisdiction, with the ability to become licensed in Tennessee.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nashville, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A