Caterpillar’s Corporate Engineering Intern program is seeking students currently enrolled in a four-year university, to work side by side with engineering professionals to learn and apply themselves on project work within this team.
- Assigned work will be under the direction of a mentor and will be among similar work in a group of seven engineers/computer scientists in the IPSD Large Engine, Digital Analytics team.
- Projects in this area enable data driven decision making in product development; quick and efficient identification and resolution of field product issues; and grow commercial parts and service sales.
- Assignments will be to 1) create Python scripts with SQL coding to Snowflake databases for cleaning and labeling field data as component failure related data and/or to 2) validate algorithms monitoring or predicting component condition with multiple sources and types of field data.
- The Industrial Power Systems Division in Caterpillar is looking for a summer intern to join the Digital and Analytics team within the System Integration, Mechatronics & Digital (SIM&D) department.
- This role is looking for college student who has an interest in applying Computer Science/Data Analytics skill sets to engineering problems.
- The role will involve developing scripts in Python, interfacing with Databases using SQL, and developing data visualization in tools such as Tableau or Power BI.
- Must currently be enrolled in a Caterpillar student program
- Must have 30 completed semester hours prior to start of internship.
- If a transfer student, must have 12 semester hours completed at a 4-year university
- Minimum 3.0/4.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average (no rounding) at current institution
- Must be able to relocate to Peoria, IL area or indicated work location for duration of internship, and complete daily work commute using reliable transportation.
- Must be enrolled full time at a 4-year accredited university/college in an Engineering, Engineering Technology, or Computer Science Degree Program
- Expected graduation date of August 2023 or later
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chillicothe, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A