From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company.
- Design of control algorithms for assigned engine functional system (Air system, Fuel system, Aftertreatment, etc.). Author and own implementation of requirements
- Accountability spans the full development cycle from concept to productionizing the control strategies for Engine ECM implementations.
- Develop control models and perform simulations – Simulation In the Loop, Hardware In the Loop, Rapid Prototyping for Automatic Control, Desktop simulations etc.
- Detailed responsibilities include but not limited to – control/simulation requirements development, modeling of control algorithms for system simulation and control software generation, modeling of engine and engine sub-system physical dynamics, and system simulation and performance analysis.
- Work with a team of engineers and be accountable for design, development and integration of control strategies supporting IPSD Large Engines applications across multiple product families (machines, electric power, industrial/commercial, marine, locomotive etc.)
- Responsible for developing and validating engine system control strategies (Air system, Fuel system, Aftertreatment) for current and future
- Heavy-Duty Diesel, Dual Fuel and/or Spark Ignited Natural gas engine products
- Master’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace engineering, Systems engineering, Agricultural Engineering with a focus in Control systems or Mechatronics with 1 to 3+ years of experience developing controls, performance or system simulations related to control algorithms for complex systems such as internal combustion engine systems, Machine systems, automotive/aerospace systems OR
- Control theory knowledge (Classical, Nonlinear, and other advanced concepts such as Neural networks, Machine learning etc.) & implementation in programming
- Knowledge of MATLAB/Simulink with embedded code exposure
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, * Electrical Engineering, Aerospace engineering, Systems engineering, Agricultural Engineering with a focus in Control systems or Mechatronics with 3 to 5+ years of experience developing controls, performance or system simulations related to control algorithms for complex systems such as internal combustion engine systems, Machine systems, automotive/aerospace systems.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chillicothe, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A