Responsible for designing and developing engine/power installation and cooling systems that meet machine requirements for performance, durability, quality, cost, and manufacturability.
- Manage complex projects to meet deliverables on time and with completed staff work.
- Engage with various manufacturing / operations teams in reviewing design issues, changes, opportunities for improvements
- No significant travel required aside from occasional supplier visits, etc. (10% or less per annum)
- Develop designs in Creo; perform basic structures analysis in Simulate
- Release new designs in TeamCenter and utilize change management processes.
- Work with supplier on new part designs or revisions to existing designs
- Utilize and further develop best practices and standard work in our pursuit of Defect Free.
- Collaborate with global team across multiple disciplines.
- Product development experience
- Good communication skills and experience working in team environment
- Intermediate understanding of diesel engine cooling systems and/or machine integration
- 10+ years of engineering experience (design, validation, or simulation)
- Articulated Truck (ATK) specific engineering experience
- Strong understanding of Caterpillar Continuous Product Improvement (CPI) processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited university
- Engine / Power Installation & Cooling (E/PIC) specific engineering experience
- Strong understanding of Caterpillar New Product Introduction (NPI) process and requirements
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Peterlee, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A