As a Software Engineer on the Helios Data Engineering team, you will be responsible for developing Python data pipelines that build business data objects used to support applications.
- Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Building and deploying CICD pipelines
- Interpreting design requirements for engineering implementation
- Competent to perform all programming, project management, and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the
- more complex aspects of systems work.
- Identifies and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Responsibility for Unit and Integration testing
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution.
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Implementing source to target mapping as pipeline code
- Intermediate experience working with Git version control on medium to large teams
- Strong technical writing skills
- A solid working knowledge of OOP principles
- Exceptional communication skills with experience working on a cross functional team
- Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- 5 years or more of software development experience or at least 3 years of experience with master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 3 years or more of experience in designing and developing software applications in Python (preferred) or Java
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A