In this role you will manage the designed supply network related activities for the Bloomington facility in Minneapolis, MN as the Earth Moving Supply Management (EMSM) representative and the primary contact for the local leaders.
- Develop, mentor, and train personnel capable of delivering a local strategy that is aligned with the overall Global supplier network strategy.
- Adhere to the approved Performance Management Plan.
- Identify performance gaps within the supplier base specific to the Business Unit and develop improvement plans for the identified gaps.
- Maintain the highest ethical and professional standards within a diverse global organization and recognize employee excellence.
- Through a strong knowledge of the Local Facility, the NPI, and Category Strategies the incumbent will launch 6 Sigma projects, to support the implementation of successful initiatives fully satisfying customers’ expectations.
- Drive supply chain collaboration for executing the supply network as designed for new products (NPI), enhancing product improvement (CPI) efforts and creating valued new services by leveraging their leading technologies and business knowledge to build better solutions for all of Caterpillar’s customers.
- The role will encompass managing Facilities expectations for Global Supply Network, delivering the year on year benefits required to sustain a competitive advantage.
- The role will require a strong communicator capable of keeping the Facility and Global Supply Network fully informed of progress and working closely with both to ensure all requirements are fully met.
- This role will attend senior level meetings within the local facility to ensure alignment of strategies and manage expectations.
- Previous assignments in multiple countries preferred
- Complex strategic relationship management experience required
- Previous lean experience
- 8+ years of progressively responsible purchasing experience
- Experience in other disciplines (Supply Chain, NPI, Engineering)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of job-related experience
- Proven leadership experience
- Previous supervisory/people management experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bloomington, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A