As a Test/Validation Engineer you will serve as an individual contributor on projects and assignments that are complex in nature, planning and leading tests that support and enhance Caterpillar product performance, durability, reliability, quality, and serviceability.
- Perform complex analysis work, identify, and solves problems
- Evaluate products and processes and keep up to date on new technologies or develop new technologies
- Communicate & present technical information to dealers, customers, team members, suppliers, and other unit
- Define and plan machine tests to validate Caterpillar products
- Document own tests and produce test reports
- Setup instrumentation to be able to collect test data and support machine set-up/instrumentation
- Be capable of balancing multiple tasks to deliver test to strict deadlines.
- Contribute to the identification, analysis, and resolution of problems in machine test and development.
- Carry out on-machine tests in the field
- Previous experience of working in a test and development environment or other practical experience
- Technical knowledge of construction machinery, off-highway, automotive or similar industry
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and others in work group, as well as employees in other units, customers, and suppliers
- Strong analytical skills for processing test data and compiling technical reports
- Bachelor degree in an accredited Engineering discipline.
- Self-starter with the ability to perform complex tasks
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Desford, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A