This position is recognized within the Cat Digital community as an expert in their technical or business sub-domain. The Google Cloud Platform Digital Architect will create and maintain architectural best practices, addressing application, data and technology in the context of business process across defined business functions(s) or technology domain(s).
- Participate in the design and implementation of enterprise data model and metadata structures.
- Participates in the analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the Enterprise Architecture.
- Define which data is extracted and the rules by which it is transformed for simple to moderately complex projects.
- Participate in the Architecture assessment and design for infrastructure domains that provide core capabilities for the enterprise.
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Applies an enterprise-wide view to solutions to support the adoption of standards and practices and promote reuse.
- Participate in technology evaluation and recommendations.
- Assist in the development and alignment of the digital roadmaps with the Digital and Business strategy.
- Provides input for Cat Digital Technology and Application Rationalization efforts.
- Lead Architecture design of integrated systems across site or regional projects and programs.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of current and planned state architecture blue prints.
- Digital General Knowledge Skills: – Brokering applications, asset management, migration planning, SLAs, etc.
- Program or Project Management Skills: – Managing business change, project management methods and tools, etc.
- Business Skills & Methods: – Business case development, business process mapping, strategic planning.
- Common Skills: Leadership, Team working, Inter-personal and Influential skills.
- Technical Skills: – Deep expertise in one to many areas including software engineering, security, data interchange, data management, network, database, servers, storage, collaboration or other technical areas.
- Enterprise Architecture Skills: – architecture modeling, building block design, applications and role design and systems integration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A