A Commercial Consultant is responsible for establishing and reviewing revenue proposals for Caterpillar products. The process includes analysis of sales history, volume forecast, competition, product quality, product availability, value premiums, costs and related factors.
- Develop advanced strategic recommendations incorporating entire value chain and external forces used in the tactical analysis and additional areas such as: forecasted economic activity, dealer costs and margins, product configurations, exchange rate changes, market/ industry changes and other factors influencing sales and profit goals.
- Pricing tasks are high in complexity. Decisions are unique and require creativity to reach a solution outside an established work routine and has high risk impact to the enterprise.
- Directly impacts specific Corporate objectives by aiding efforts to improve profitability and/ or sales by direct input into pricing decisions and approvals (NPI scenarios and related activities).
- Partners with Marketing, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Legal, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Product Support Development, and Revenue Management (Pricing personnel) elsewhere in the company to obtain and evaluate information needed for making revenue recommendations.
- Proven sense of urgency to complete tasks on time to meet goals or deadlines
- Experience working with commercial and/ or sales teams
- Bachelor’s degree concentrated in business administration, finance, economics, statistics, accounting, marketing, or related fields
- Demonstrated focus on quality and customer needs
- Soft skills to work through sensitive business problems and change management
- Base knowledge of various Caterpillar products, product applications, merchandising programs and business systems
- 5 or more years of experience as a pricing/ revenue analyst, finance analyst or roles in sales, marketing or accounting
- Strong analytical ability and initiative, be results oriented, have a high level of interpersonal skills and be an effective writer and oral communicator
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A