You power our success and we are committed to empowering yours. After all, when your work can impact the entire world, it’s important to do work that matters.
Due to increased business requirements we have a vacancy at our Springvale facility in Belfast for a Manufacturing Engineer based in our Transmissions Assembly Team.
- Identify, purchase and co-ordinate the installation of tooling, equipment, machinery and capital expenditure projects
- Ensure accurate new product costing through Bill of Materials (BOM) and routing accuracy
- Lead the introduction of new products and processes
- Ensure that Design for Manufacture and Assembly principles are applied through the product development process
- Interface with the product group(s) & customer representatives to ensure the customer’s technical requirements are translated into the manufacturing processes
- Ensure new product and process implementations meet safety requirements
- Conduct problem solving and hold Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) investigations.
- Co-ordinate and implement complex engineering changes
- Identify, define and implement process quality and process design steps in line with Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) requirements
- Introduction of new products into a manufacturing environment
- Successful candidates will be computer literate in Microsoft Office.
- Experience of paint line processes
- A degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Electrical engineering with relevant manufacturing experience. (Those candidates with lesser or no qualifications may be considered however should have considerably more relevant manufacturing engineering experience)
- Project management experience; with the introduction of new products and complex engineering changes
- The ability to read engineering drawings
- Knowledge of Six sigma, Lean Manufacturing practices and/or APQP
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A