As an Operations IT Coordinator you will be responsible for managing the operation of automated logistics systems to ensure proper distribution of parts to meet customer requirements.
- Efficiently assigns work to stations to optimize availability of hourly associates
- Ensures parts bundles are prioritized and assigned to proper stations based on station availability.
- Monitors processes and helps determine if processes can be improved upon through experience with AWCS and operations procedures
- Uses Automated Warehouse Control System (AWCS) to determine which stations are open and ready to receive parts bundles.
- This position is responsible for assigning parts bundles to Goods to Person stations within the Morton warehouse.
- Helps determine system requirements and functionality to assist IT in maintaining the system and ensuring operations objectives are achieved.
- Acts as liaison between the two groups to ensure efficient operation of the system and customer requirements.
- Contributes to Shipped in Standard, Stored in Standard and Productivity metrics for the Morton facility.
- Controls and determines which stations parts bundles should be routed to in order to maximize parts distribution.
- The incumbent works as an interface between Operations and IT to ensure the system works properly.
- Typical internal customers include the position’s work group and immediate supervisor. The positions primary customers are internal.
- General product knowledge
- Thorough understanding of logistics operations procedures
- 1-3 years of experience in material planning, supply chain material handling and logistics, and / or operations desired.
- Requires a college degree or equivalent experience.
- Computer skills required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- 6 Sigma or CPS process knowledge
- Prior experience with SAP
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Morton, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A