We are looking for a Packaging Engineer to work within the Quality and Packaging team at our UK Logistics Center. The role is a hybrid between packaging and project management.
- Sustainable packaging solution development
- Perform cost analysis on current packaging processes and recommend changes where appropriate.
- Develop kitting packaging
- Coordinate with operations for storage and ergonomic considerations
- Communicate with existing facilities on packaging issues related to receiving, warehousing, and/or line side delivery.
- Design packaging solutions for operational, transportation and point of use efficiency
- Resolve safety and / or quality issues caused by current packaging
- Perform activities to ensure parts are protected, shipped, and delivered to the customer in a usable fashion. Key duties can include:
- Lead low risk Green Belt projects.
- Establish packaging and processing specifications at the part number level for new product introductions, cost savings, or other supply chain improvement.
- Audit conformance to packaging specification
- Work with wider teams on cross functional project
- Resolve issues reported by customers and process partners
- Ability to perform data query analysis
- Interpersonal, teamwork, organization, and communication skills
- Bachelor of Science Degree (i.e. Packaging, Chemistry, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering) plus supply chain or operations experience or equivalent relevant experience in supply chain or operations experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of material handling equipment
- Develop and deploy creative / original solutions to complex problems
- Knowledge and understanding of 6 Sigma project management principles
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Desford, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A