The Product Support and Logistics Division (PSLD) is one of the most innovative divisions within Caterpillar. In PSLD, as within all of Caterpillar, our priority is our customers and helping them build a better world.
- Works to improve processes, timeliness and reduce costs by eliminating non-value added activities
- Daily tie-in with production management to designate work load, priorities and sequence for work assigned
- Determines overtime need, determines priorities when resources are insufficient, and decides when disciplinary action is necessary
- Responsible for training and development of staff, time keeping, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, and ensuring consistent application of organizational needs
- Implement various corporate initiatives such as 5S, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, CQMS/ISO certification, etc.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency.
- Ensures the quality of product produced and conforms to Caterpillars Quality Policy while maintaining cost
- Determines processing needs to assure fixtures, tooling and methods are provided to meet schedules and production requirements
- Monitor and improve safety on the shop floor; eliminate any unsafe operations and ensure a safe and clean product environment
- Ensure necessary parts and materials are ordered and distributed in a timely and efficient manner
- Must be willing to work outside of normal work hours including overtime and alternate shifts
- Good human relations skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department
- 2+ years of shop floor experience
- 1+ years prior experience in strategic planning and supervisory experience
- College or university degree in an operations-related discipline
- Prior manufacturing, strategic planning or supervisory experience
- Familiarity with quality and inventory objectives
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- The employee may be required to move items weighing up to 35 pounds
- Thorough knowledge of lean manufacturing processes and tools
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pomona, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A